Sunday, October 26, 2014

Coffee Empire

 Cross post from my thychronicles post. :)

Today, I met up with Hannah at Coffee Empire. I was supposed to blog about this place last week when I met up with Ruth, but I unfortunately left my digicam at home! So this time around, I made sure that I brought it with me.


The coffee bar.
Coffee Empire is a third wave coffee shop located at West Avenue corner Examiner street. It is beside Hap Chan, and near Cabalen. According to Google and its wikipedia page: a third wave coffee shop refers to the "current movement to produce high-quality coffee, and consider coffee as an artisanal foodstuff, like wine, rather than a commodity. This involves improvements at all stages of production, from improving coffee plant growing, harvesting, and processing, to stronger relationships between coffee growers, traders, and roasters, to higher quality and fresh roasting, to skilled brewing."


Hannah's Round 1 order

For round 1, we ordered the following: a cappuccino (130php) + oreo cheesecake (140php) for Hannah, and an iced mocha medium brew (150php) + pistachio cake (140php) for me. If you're having problems on ordering, the baristas are always accommodating and will gladly help on choosing the perfect brew for you.


My pistachio cake.
I wrote round 1 because that's what we usually do when we plan on staying at a cafe for around 2 - 4hours. As much as possible we'd like to do 2 rounds as courtesy to the cafes for staying that long. (At least its better than staying the whole day and ordering just one drink, in my opinion.) We also don't use the electrical outlets, as we just lug around our art materials and draw / chat the whole time we're together. Also, if there's an influx of customers in need of seats, we either offer our extra seats or leave the place itself so the next customers could sit. :)


Our table, blurred Hannah's face just because HAHA. She's drawing the header in this photo.
My tools. Inside that green Redondo tin can are my unipins. Translucent tool box with my markers.
I decided to bring Hannah here because this is the nearest coffee shop to my place. The coffee shop also brings in natural light with the use of huge windows, which is perfect for drawing. Lastly, the coffee here is good. Those reasons are good enough to come back here I guess?


Hannah drawing.

Another reason is that I've been bugging her on drawing our header for this blog. (She's drawing the header in one of the pictures, above my toolbox pic.) She was actually putting on the finishing touches earlier. As for me, I'm just drawing/coloring whatever I had that time, switching artworks due to indecisiveness HAHA. 


Me drawing / forcing Hannah to take my picture HAHAHA.
What I'm drawing above.
For round 2, we ordered the following: an iced mocha light brew (150php) for Hannah as she liked my previous order, and a cold brew (sumatra bean, I think - 160php) for me. 




After finishing some of our artworks, we finally decided to leave due to hunger. We went next door to Hap Chan for dinner. It's been a while since we last saw each other, I wish we could do this more often like we used to in the past ~ (And hopefully, together with the whole thychronicles team). But since that seems impossible, I guess every meeting with friends counts as something special? NAKS HAHAHA.♥

1 comment: